Anticipated agenda for the July 11 meeting:
1. Adams Morgan Moratorium request. The ANC will consider whether to request a continuation of the Adams Morgan Moratorium from the Alcoholic Beverage Control Board and, if so, the provisions to be requested.
The current moratorium prohibits issuance of all nightclub licenses (CX and CN) and tavern licenses (CT and DT) until the number of tavern licenses within the zone is less than 10 within a 1400 ft circle from Belmont Road NW & 18th Street NW. The Commission will be considering whether to: (1) expand the zone to an 1800 ft. circle from 2459 18th Street NW (Tryst), (2) whether to include a prohibition on new entertainment endorsements or some limit on the scope of such endorsements, and (3) whether to prohibit all new tavern licenses.
2. Meridian International BZA application. At the request of the Board of Zoning Adjustment, the ANC will consider whether to approve or reject BZA application 19689 in light of the developer's alteration in the plans to provide a required exit for autos onto Crescent Place instead of Belmont Road NW.
3. 1818 Vernon NW. The Commission will consider the HPRB application to add walkways, windows and doorways to front facade.
4. Oyster Adams School. The Commission will consider the request by the Department of Governmental Services to perform late night work at Oyster Adams School from Monday to Friday to 10 pm and to work Saturdays from 7am to 10pm.
5. Grant application by DC Arts Center. The Commission will consider a grant application.
Matters addressed at the June 6 meeting:
-Approved the appointment of Commissioner Guthrie to the PZT Committee by a vote of 4-0-0.
-Approved the minutes from the May meeting by a vote of 4-0-0.
-Approved the 2nd Quarter Treasurer's Report by a vote of 4-0-0.
-Approved a stipulated license for Roofers Union sidewalk cafe by a vote of 5-0-0.
-Tabled consideration of the Adams Morgan Moratorium until our July meeting by a vote of 5-0-0.
-Approved a resolution opposing additional days for extended hours for alcohol licensees by a vote of 5-0-0.
-Approved a resolution in opposition to the BZA application for 1834 Ontario Place by a vote of 4-0-1.
-Approved a resolution in support of BZA application for animal treatment facility at 1700 Columbia Road NW by a vote of 4-0-0.
-Authorized Alan Gambrell to represent ANC 1C with respect to ongoing matters related to a BZA appeal of a permit for 1795 Lanier Place NW.
-Approved a grant of $1000 for Washington English Center for purchase of books by a vote of 5-0-0.
-Approved a grant of $1000 for Hola Cultura by a vote of 5-0-0.
-Approved a grant of $2000 for Adams Morgan Day by a vote of 4-0-1.
-Approved expenditure of up to $100 for a booth at Columbia Heights Day.