Anticipated agenda for the July 11 meeting:
1. Adams Morgan Moratorium request. The ANC will consider whether to request a continuation of the Adams Morgan Moratorium from the Alcoholic Beverage Control Board and, if so, the provisions to be requested.
The current moratorium prohibits issuance of all nightclub licenses (CX and CN) and tavern licenses (CT and DT) until the number of tavern licenses within the zone is less than 10 within a 1400 ft circle from Belmont Rd. NW & 18th St. NW.
The Commission will be considering whether to: (1) expand the zone to an 1800 ft. circle from 2459 18th St. NW (Tryst), (2) whether to include a prohibition on new entertainment endorsements or some limit on the scope of such endorsements and (3) whether to prohibit all new tavern licenses.
2. Imperial Settlement Agreement. The ANC will consider whether to approve the Settlement Agreement negotiated with The Imperial on its application for transfer of location to 2001 18th St. NW.
3. The Grand Dutchess increase in occupancy. The ANC will consider whether to stipulate to The Grand Dutchess' request for an increase in occupancy to conform with its new certificate of occupancy.
4. Meridian International BZA application. At the request of the Board of Zoning Adjustment, the ANC will consider whether to approve or reject BZA application 19689 in light of the developer's alteration in the plans to provide a required exit for autos onto Crescent Place instead of Belmont Rd. NW.
5. Signage on public space for the Italian Embassy project. The ANC will consider whether to support or oppose applicant's request for signage in the public space.
6. 1818 Vernon NW. The Commission will consider the HPRB application to add walkways, windows and doorways to front facade.
7. Oyster Adams School. The Commission will consider the request by the Department of Governmental Services to perform late night work Monday to Friday to 9pm and to work Saturdays 9am to 9pm.
8. Changes to Bus Routes 42/43 and L1/L2. The ANC may consider a resolution regarding potential changes to the routes by WMATA.
9. Adams Morgan Partnership BID grant application for Vision Zero safety funds.
10. Adams Morgan Partnership BID grant application to DOEE for a rain garden.
Committee meetings in July: NOTE that there are no currently scheduled committee meetings for July as there are no agenda items for any of the committees. Neither the full ANC nor the committees are currently scheduled to meet during the month of August.
Matters addressed at the June 6 meeting:
-Approved the appointment of Commissioner Guthrie to the PZT Committee by a vote of 4-0-0.
-Approved the minutes from the May meeting by a vote of 4-0-0.
-Approved the 2nd Quarter Treasurer's Report by a vote of 4-0-0.
-Approved a stipulated license for Roofers Union sidewalk cafe by a vote of 5-0-0.
-Tabled consideration of the Adams Morgan Moratorium until our July meeting by a vote of 5-0-0.
-Approved a resolution opposing additional days for extended hours for alcohol licensees by a vote of 5-0-0.
-Approved a resolution in opposition to the BZA application for 1834 Ontario Place by a vote of 4-0-1.
-Approved a resolution in support of BZA application for animal treatment facility at 1700 Columbia Road NW by a vote of 4-0-0.
-Authorized Alan Gambrell to represent ANC 1C with respect to ongoing matters related to a BZA appeal of a permit for 1795 Lanier Place NW.
-Approved a grant of $1000 for Washington English Center for purchase of books by a vote of 5-0-0.
-Approved a grant of $1000 for Hola Cultura by a vote of 5-0-0.
-Approved a grant of $2000 for Adams Morgan Day by a vote of 4-0-1.
-Approved expenditure of up to $100 for a booth at Columbia Heights Day.