Agenda for June 5 meeting:
- Approve minutes from May ANC meeting.
- The Office of Campaign Finance will explain the Public Finance Program that provides matching funds and lump sum payments to qualified candidates running for political office.
- Consider recommendation from the ABC & Public Safety Committee to approve a final settlement agreement or protest the renewal of the liquor license at Friendship Macaron (2434 18th St).
- Consider recommendation from the ABC & Public Safety Committee to not protest the liquor license renewals of Adams Morgan Restaurant & Coffee (2204 18th St), Pop’s Seabar (1817 Columbia Rd), and Tail Up Goat (1827 Adams Mill Rd).
- Consider settlement agreement for The Green Zone (2226 18th St).
- We expect that items from the committee meetings will be addressed at the full ANC meeting.
Actions taken at May 1 meeting:
- Approved minutes from April ANC meeting. (7-0-0)
- Approved Q2 financial report (7-0-0) and received information on the updated ANC1C grant application.
- Voted to not protest any of the alcoholic beverage licenses listed for renewal that were previously considered at the April ABC committee meeting: Jyoti Foods, Red, White, and Basil, The Game Sports Pub, Duplex Diner, Bom, Pitango Gelato and Café, Mama Ayesha’s, Himalayan Heritage Restaurant, Johnny Pistolas, Tryst, The Diner, Grand Central, Soussi, Perry’s Restaurant, Mintwood Place, The Washington Hilton, and Buca di Beppo. (7-0-0)
- Voted to not protest any of the licenses listed too late for consideration by the ABC committee in April: Bul, Southern Hospitality, Columbia Station, Jack Rose, Los Cuates, Meze, Wasi, Pitchers, Alfresco Tap and Grill, Bossa, Federalist Pig, Villa Tuscana, Lapis, The Grill from Ipanema, Zenebech, El Rincon, Habana Village, Spacy Cloud, The Blaguard, The LINE DC, My Canton Restaurant, Osteria Al Volo, Wok and Roll Restaurant, Johnny’s Halfshell, Asmara Lounge and Restaurant. (7-0-0)
- Approved sending a letter to the Board of Zoning Adjustment (BZA) and Historic Preservation Office (HPO) in support of plans for the addition and alteration at 2332 19th Street. (7-0-0)
- Voted to not support a request for an after hours construction permit for 1963 Biltmore and 1795 Lanier Place (not considered at committee because insufficient notice to community). (7-0-0)
- Approved a resolution in support of funding the Public Restrooms Facilities Installation & Promotion Act of 2018. (7-0-0)
- Approved a resolution in support of sending a letter to DC Chief Financial Officer requesting accounting for settlements and judgments in sexual harassment and assault cases involving DC agency employees . (7-0-0)
- Approved a resolution in support of LGBTQAI+ Housing for seniors. (7-0-0)
- Held a community discussion of Walter Pierce Park water delivery issues in the park and tabled a resolution recommended by the PSE committee urging DPR to work with WMATA to find a solution. (7-0-0)