ANC1C will not meet in August. The next Commission meeting will be on Wednesday, September 4.
Actions take at July 10 meeting:
-Approved minutes from June ANC meeting. (6-0-0)
-Approved resolution requesting the DC Department of Employment Services to make public reporting requirements for the Adams Morgan Hotel Real Property Tax Abatement Act of 2010 with friendly amendment altering a few words. (6-0-0)
-Approved writing a letter in support of working with the community and sports leagues to maximize community usage of Marie Reed field, including a provision to seek clarity on access to other fields in the area. (5-0-0)
-Approved Young Playwrights’ Theater grant application. (6-0-1)
-Approved resolution in support of new DC library in Adams Morgan. (7-0-0)
-Approved resolution requesting that DDOT implement pedestrian safety improvements at the northwest corner slip lane of the intersection between Columbia Rd NW and 16th Street NW (7-0-0)
-Approved resolution for bike safety and traffic calming measures on Columbia Rd NW and Harvard St NW with friendly amendment altering a few words. The resolution asks DDOT to study possibility of swapping the places of the bike lane and street parking on Harvard St., and making the bike lane protected. (7-0-0)
ANC1C tabled the following items to our September meetings:
-BZA appeal request by owners of 1831 Ontario Place.
-Request for a new bus shelter at bus stop #1001694 located at Columbia Rd and Connecticut Ave.
-Updating the ANC1C grant guidelines and policy statement.
Actions taken at the June 5 meeting:
- Approved moving July ANC meetings back one week. The next full ANC meeting will be July 10. (7-0-0)
- Approved minutes from May ANC meeting. (7-0-0)
- Approved a settlement agreement with Friendship Macaron (2434 18th St). (7-0-0) Also voted to approve a stipulated license allowing operation according to the terms of the new settlement agreement during the remaining protest period. (7-0-0)
- Voted to not protest the liquor license renewals of Adams Morgan Restaurant & Coffee (2204 18th St), Pop’s Seabar (1817 Columbia Rd), and Tail Up Goat (1827 Adams Mill Rd). (7-0-0)
- Approved a settlement agreement with The Green Zone (2226 18th St). (7-0-0)
- Approved a settlement agreement with Bourbon Adams Morgan. The license currently in use by Bourbon is being transferred to The Imperial. (7-0-0) Also voted to approve a stipulated license allowing operation according to the terms of the new Settlement Agreement during the remaining Protest period. (7-0-0)
- Approved a settlement agreement with Retrobottega (2435 18th St). Also voted to approve a stipulated license allowing operation according to the terms of the new Settlement Agreement during the remaining Protest period. (7-0-0)
- Voted to protest liquor license renewal of Lucky Buns (2000 18th St.) and authorize any ANC1C Commissioner to represent the ANC at upcoming hearings. (7-0-0)
- Approve request to make minor changes to a public space permit for 1630 Columbia Road. (7-0-0)
- Oppose WMATA's Late Night Plan to supplement its transit service by subsidizing for-hire ride services. (7-0-0).
- Approve resolution in favor of Circulator Extension with friendly amendment to add language about enforcement. (7-0-0)
- Approve resolution in favor of new Bikeshare stations with friendly amendment to add 1901 Columbia Rd to the list of locations. (6-1-0; Yay: Pooley, Bowles, Wright, Dendy, Ely, Irani; Nay: Guthrie). A motion to table the agenda item to next month failed 3-4-0.
- Approve resolution in favor of Connected Bike Lane Infrastructure with friendly amendment requesting DDOT to explore adding protected bike lanes in ANC1C specifically along Columbia Road between 16th St and Connecticut Ave. (7-0-0)
- Approved sending a letter to DDOT in favor of adding a High-Intensity Activated Crosswalk (HAWK) signal or active traffic control device to the intersection of 16th and Kalorama Rd with friendly amendment requesting that DDOT enforce the traffic calming measures it implements. (7-0-0)
- Approved writing a letter in support of the Adams Morgan Partnership BID’s application for the Public Art Building Communities project grant. View the BID’s presentation here. (7-0-0)
- Approve Adams Morgan Day grant application and waive current $1,000 limit on grants. (7-0-0)
- Write a letter urging DPR and DGS to make necessary repairs in Kalorama Park. (7-0-0)
ANC1C tabled the following item to the July 10 ANC1C meeting:
- Consider updating the ANC1C grant guidelines and policy statement to include information about the ANC1C grants budget, new submission instructions and a twice-yearly deadline, and an increase in the grant maximum with a suggested grant amount.